Be honest. How many of you find the gym to be terrifying or overwhelming? I for sure do especially when you’re in a different country than your own. For me, getting to the gym has been tough. Then after marriage, it got even tougher because now there are so many other things to pay for. As we get older, we tend to put our health on the back burner because there are so many other things piling up.
Why I Want To Make Changes
1. At this point in my life, I want to become much more healthy from the inside out. Diets aren’t necessarily my thing since most don’t stick anyways. I’m more looking for life style changes. That includes:
- Watching my food intake. I tend to over eat.
- Chew my food slowly. I’m a super fast eater…
- Make healthier choices.
- Cut out soda ( I actually didn’t drink it for years, but once I moved to Korea I started drinking it again).
2. I also want to get in shape for having children. I want to be healthy enough to run around with them and to keep up with their speed. Also, I want to make sure that I am healthy so that I can have a safe pregnancy.
3. Finding clothes in Korea can be sooooo difficult. When I was much bigger in the US, shopping was always so depressing for me. I think if I were in the US now, I would actually have an easier time shopping since I’ve lost weight while being here. However, I’m in the land of stick-thin women for the most part, so finding clothes is really difficult. Plus, we plan on moving to Japan in the future and shopping as a plus-sized woman won’t be easy there either.
I’d like to be healthier than I am now and slim down. I’d like to lose about 30kg (about 66lbs). I’ve already lost about 20kg since living in Korea, but there is still a lot more to do. I’d also like to jog (because running can go f*ck itself) a marathon for completion, not for place.
What I’m Doing To Get Better
1. Counting calories using MyFitness Pal. I’m still not sure how much I should eat, but I’m aiming for about 1,300-1,500 calories a day.
2. I literally just signed up for a gym membership today. I’ll be doing spin classes Mon-Fri along with weight lifting. Perhaps I’ll throw in some jogging on the treadmill (jogging outside is a “no no” since the air is crap here). I plan on going 5-6 times a week.
3. Lot’s of Pokémon Go. I don’t care if it’s out of style, I love it! It’s also a great way for me to keep track of how much I’m walking in a day.
4. Sharing my progress and struggles. I think sharing with others will help me stay accountable especially because I don’t have a gym trainer. I’ll be posting once a week about my time at the gym. It might include some selfies so be ready for that.
It’ll be a tough journey, but I’m prepared…I think. Please encourage me hahaha. I’m not a health expert. If I’m doing something wrong or if you have a suggestion, please leave a comment below or contact me on my contact page.